Training nights run on Wednesday evenings during university terms and in the summer, except when there is an orienteering league event. The evenings involve a variety of activities aimed at improving fitness while honing orienteering skills. Each week the training is held in a different location in or near Cambridge. We join forces with CUOC, the university club, so during the University terms the training tends to be in Cambridge, and further afield in the summer.
All adults are very welcome, whatever your orienteering skills or fitness there will be courses to suit. The format of each event varies but usually there are multiple different mini courses of differing abilities. Coaches are on hand to explain the basics, everything you want to know about the sport or give tips to help you improve.
Not sure what to bring? You can wear your usual trainers and running kit. Do remember to bring a warm layer for the briefing and we'll have somewhere you can leave a bag while you run.
Older juniors, that have reached orange standard and if accompanied on training exercises by a parent/guardian, are also welcome. Families with younger juniors should look out for the specific junior training options.
You can just turn up on the Wednesday evening but for further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Autumn 2021 Training Programme:
- 6th October - Royston (League Event)
- 13th October - Central Cambridge starting at Parker's Piece
- 20th October - Sidgwick Site & University Library
- 27th October - Centre of Mathematical Sciences
- 3rd November - West Cambridge Site (League Event)
- 10th November - Newnham College
- 17th November - Homerton College
- 24th November - St Edmund's College & Castle Hill
- 1st December - Churchill Adventure Race
Registration and start times
Starts at 6.30 p.m. We usually finish by 8.00 p.m.
Regular training costs: £1 per Adult, 50p per Junior or Student.