MembershipWelcome to WAOC!
Most events are open to non-members, but if you have enjoyed your experiences and want to orienteer regularly, it makes sense to join a club that, like WAOC, is affiliated to British Orienteering.
If you have attended an organised orienteering event, tackled a permanent orienteering course or tried MapRunning, chances are you will already have benefited from work put in by orienteering club members. Most officials are active orienteers who help on the day before or after they run. Likewise the planners who put together courses, real or virtual, are also competitors (except on courses they have planned!). Apart from the obvious benefits of club membership such as discounted entry to events, you'll become part of a friendly community who get a kick out of laying on events for each other as well as taking part or competing in those same events.
As a member you'll be able to attend club training activities, subscribe to our JabberWAOC magazine, and receive occasional member-only emails which will keep you informed about important topics.
Information of how to join, and an overview of benefits can be found below. If you want to know more about the club and what we do, you can read about us here.
How do I join?
Joining our friendly club is a great way to find out about coaching & other fun orienteering events happening nearby and to keep this fantastic sport going. WAOC has about 200 members aged 1 to 90, from walkers, TrailO-ers, Park Run runners to mountain marathon runners.
To join WAOC and British Orienteering today:
- Visit www.BritishOrienteering.org.uk/join_online
- Select club as WAOC
- Choose to join as a senior, junior or family
- Click submit and follow the easy instructions
|Junior (under 21)||£7.50|
+ £15 for each senior
+ £5 for each junior
Joining WAOC in this way will give you access to…
- free training for juniors
- adult training & discounts to enter many events
- a chance to be part of a team in inter-club competitions and relays
- newsletters, information and tips
- friendly help with your orienteering from fellow club members
- the chance to get to know other orienteers by helping at events
- British Orienteering discounts at lots of outlets, like sportshoes.com, Go Ape & Forest Holidays
- brilliant schemes to help chart your progress – from junior badges to online ranking for adults
- shelter in our tent at larger events!
For queries about joining WAOC or British Orienteering, please email Hazel Bickle at email@example.com
If you’re already a member of British Orienteering you can still join WAOC by printing off, completing and posting this membership form together with a cheque or postal order for the appropriate amount to the address on the form. Or ask at registration when you come to an event.
We hope you’ll join our friendly club and look forward to seeing you soon. Happy orienteering!