Evening LeagueAn informal league on Wednesday evenings
In conjunction with club/training nights, we run an evening league through the university academic year (i.e. from October to June).
We aim for 6 events per year (2 per term), if we can fit that many into the schedule. At each there are 3 courses:
- Short (2km)
- Medium (4km)
- Long (6km)
If possible, the short course will be suitable for juniors, but please check beforehand to be sure. Events will use electronic SI timing.
Rules and scoring
- Leagues are calculated separately for the 3 courses
- The course winner gets 100 points, with others getting a percentage based on their time, i.e. if you take twice as long as the winner, you will get 50 points
- Mispunches or retirements will score 0 points
- If there are 6 events, your best 4 scores will count. If there are 4 or 5, your best 3 scores will count
- If you run two courses one evening, only the first will count (so don't run the short as a warm-up before doing the long)
- Helpers (planners, non-running organisers) will get a score for that event matching their highest score throughout the year
- Planners who also run the course will be non-competitive
- If you run multiple types of course throughout the year, all will be counted in the final league results. However, at the end of the year when the top-three 'podium' positions are announced and prizes awarded, you will only be eligible for a podium/prize for one course type. This will be the course type you ran most often; if you ran courses an equal amount, only the longer course will be counted. For example, if you ran 2 Medium and 3 Short events in the year and got into the top three in both the full Medium and Short leagues, you will get a podium/prize for the Short league, not the Medium. If you ran 2 Long and 2 Medium events, you will get a podium/prize for the Long league.